Friday, January 29, 2010

Persistence

Strange what you remember on a given day. I remember that my dad had this quote from Calvin Coolidge framed on his desk. Stranger still, Calvin Coolidge was a republican, and I only know of one time that my father didn't vote for a democrat. Calvin Coolidge was our 30th president, in case you are wondering. But, his words inspired my father, and me. I find it encouraging, especially when the going gets tough. God bless you all.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." --Calvin Coolidge

No comments:

Post a Comment