Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Adaptability

Last night I went to the grocery store. I wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I needed to get jelly, but while I was at the store, I forgot that I finished off the bread at breakfast. So, when I got home I had peanut butter and jelly; and no bread. It was about twelve degrees last night, so going back out wasn't an option. I had to figure out what I was going to do, because I had my heart set on a pb&j. I remembered that I saw a recipe in a cookbook for crackers. It was simple and only had four ingredients: flour, butter, salt and water. So, I mixed them up, rolled them out and baked them; and twenty minutes later, I was enjoying peanut butter and jelly on homemade crackers. And they were better than any store bought cracker I have ever had. You see, when enough things don't turn out the way you think they will: you learn to adapt. On top of that, had I remember the bread, I wouldn't have had the best crackers I ever had. God is good.

P. S.
I bet you thought I wouldn't include the recipe. Enjoy!

1 cup of flour
2 tablespoons of butter (use the real thing.)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of water

Mix the butter into the flour and salt, and then slowly add the water until it doesn't stick to anything. Roll it out as thin as you can, about an 1/8 inch. Place on a lightly floured cookie sheet, pre-cut them with a pizza cutter (you could also dock them with a fork) and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment