Sunday, January 3, 2010

Not the way I expected . . .

Today was a good day. I've known that I was going to preach this morning for about two weeks. I wrote a sermon, made sure I had plenty of gas and made sure that I had time to get everything ready for this morning. Well, you all know about my on going love affair with "Bessy" (my truck.) This morning I left and made it about a third of the way to church, and then Bessy overheated. I pulled over and waited and waited and waited for it to cool off. Missed Sunday School entirely, and for a while thought that I would be missing church. In spite of all of my preparations, once again, things didn't turn out the way I thought they would. But, my pastor called just after Sunday School, and I was picked up for church and was able to preach my sermon. Not the way I expected, but things worked out just fine. God is good and remain ever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment