Saturday, January 2, 2010

How do I get there from here?

I once heard Sidney Poitier (amazingly I spelled it right) in a radio interview. The interviewer asked him about possibly returning to one or more of the projects from his younger days. I don't know why it stuck with me, but he very quickly said, "Young lady, I have no wish to go back over ground that I have already covered." I have found that as I get older, I agree with him. You see, all the trials and tribulations of my life so far; have made me the person that I am today. Things that I thought I would never live through, it turns out, has prepared me for what I face today or will face tomorrow. I've made decisions that haven't always made sense to the people around me, but I'm okay with that. I'm walking my road, not theirs. So, what am I getting at?

I want to pastor a church, and I am saying this so that you can pray for me. I have spent time at seminary learning how to interpret the Bible, and although it has been a number of years since then, God has continued the work in me that started long before then. There are somethings, that you just can not learn in a classroom. So, there it is, if you are wondering what Bryan is going to be when he grows up: it's not going to be a butcher, a baker or even a candlestick maker. I am a preacher. As to what kind of work I will be called to and when . . . if God is willing, He knows exactly how I will get there from here.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing an excellent job preaching here on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Julie, I feel silly just now responding to this, but I just figured out how to post a comment on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete