Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Story of My Life

I recently read Helen Keller's autobiography, "The Story of My Life." I never knew much about her other than that she was deaf and blind. So, how did I come to read her story, well I had to go out of town for work at the last minute, and found myself in Florence, AL. I always do a little web search, as I have found just about every town has a claim to fame; and lo and behold Helen Keller was born in Tuscumbia, AL about five miles away. So, I visited her birthplace, and I was taken enough with the things I heard to read her story.
She was funny, well educated and overcame great obstacles to make her mark on the world. Her story was filled with accounts of visits with new and old friends, and she talked about what they meant to her. When she finished her story, she made the most beautiful comment: "the story of my life has been written by my friends." So when I think about her story, I think about my story and my friends, and thank God for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment