Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Making decisions. . .

There are plenty of things that make sense from an earthly perspective, but when you weigh them against what you believe as a Christian you have to decide against them. Many of these decisions have a cost or reward attached to them. The problem many have with making these decisions, is that they only know how to compute cost and rewards in dollars and cents. What am I getting at? Working on Sundays, stay-at-home moms or homeschooling kids (just to name a few) are some of the big issues facing Christians today.

The prevalent thought is: if I don't work Sunday I don't make extra money to get ahead, or I won't get to work Monday through Saturday if I don't work Sunday. If you want me to be honest, you won't make extra money and you might not get to work Monday through Saturday. Fact is nobody wants to trade what we have for what we do not know about. The exceptionally neat thing is that God honors the faith it takes to make these choices. It takes a lot of courage to say I won't work on Sunday, or I'm going to stay home with my kids regardless of the financial fallout. The truth is it takes a leap of faith, and in Hebrews it says that it is impossible to please God without faith, and continues by saying we must believe that God is, and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him. So as I struggle to wrap this up and put a bow on it; Let God decide what is important, make your decision accordingly and trust God to reward you.

No comments:

Post a Comment