Friday, July 10, 2009

How much?

How much is enough? I've been wondering that very thing for the longest time. Few things make you feel as good as paying all of your bills, and knowing that there is still money left over. It seems that we are all taught to pursue money, but how much should you have? Where is the point that enough goes into too much? Proverbs says don't let me have so much that I forget God, and don't let me have so little that I steal.
Money is not the problem; the problem is the love of money. Paul said having both food and clothing be therewith content. Not all of the someday items I would like to have, just food and clothing. If you think about the Lord's prayer or the model prayer, it says, "Give us this day our daily bread." There is a great distance between what most of us consider poor, and going hungry. In all of this, God simply wants us to ask for what it is we need today, and to be content with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment