Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A long walk. . .

Nothing fixes things like a long walk. No matter how many problems you have, a long walk just makes you feel better. Maybe it's the fact that you instantly accomplished something; maybe you just feel better because your active. When I got back home I had the same problems waiting on me that I had when I left, but things didn't seem so overwhelming when I returned.

Thoreau once wrote, "In the wilderness lies the preservation of the world." There is something about being out in God's handiwork, even if it is on parts of it that we have paved. The wind still blows through the trees of the city, just like it does in the woods. It reminds me that there are bigger things in the world than me. God is good, and I am greatful.

No comments:

Post a Comment