Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good to be back

The rule of thumb is when you fall off a horse, and I have, you dust yourself off and get back on. Well, I'm getting back on track. I made it to Wednesday night service, with no problems. It was such a blessing to be back. I have a hard time putting into words the things that I miss, when I miss church, not that I make a habit of it. It is being in fellowship with God and His people; it restores what the world takes out of me.
People who say that they can worship God just as well sitting at home are just flat out lying. Not only does Scripture refute this, what they actually mean is that they know the way they are living is wrong, and they don't want the conviction they feel the minute they walk through the door of a church. I've seen people like this from time to time when preaching. They cry from the minute I say, "Open your Bibles to..." all the way through to the invitation. For all of their tears, I haven't seen any of them make any kind of commitment to God. It may be ugly to say so, but sometimes the truth is ugly.
Not sure, how I got off on that tangent, but I'll stand by it. Though I hope you will also take this with you: It is good to be in church, being in fellowship with God and His people.

No comments:

Post a Comment