Monday, February 1, 2010

More than I think I am

Sometimes we become more acquainted with the ideal of who we are, and less acquainted with who we actually are. I have enough faults to fill a dictionary, but don't often talk of my foibles; afraid that I will reveal the chinks in my armor. The good thing about an intimate knowledge of one's faults, is knowing how little we have to hold against others. Being flawed is part of being human, and it is what generates the earnest expectation of the creature who waits for the manifestation of the sons of God. In other words, the created (us) long for a the time when we will be like the Creator, when we will say goodbye to this body that is corrupted by sin, and no more be corrupted by sin. My father said the most beautiful thing when my grandfather died, "Everything that I loved and admired about him, and all of the sweeter things about him have gone on to be with the Lord, and anything that was lacking in him died when he passed from this life." Until that time, we press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment