Friday, February 5, 2010

The intersection of right and wrong

The traffic lights in Murfreesboro, TN are some of the poorest timed lights in the country. They back traffic up in every direction, causing you to sit through multiple light cycles before you can finally escape an intersection. I was trapped at one of these gas guzzling intersections today, and as my turn at the light came I heard an ambulance. The first two cars, tired of waiting, shot through the intersection. I waited and about two seconds later the ambulance appeared going the direction of the street I was waiting to cross. I was actually annoyed that I didn't get my turn through the light, before the realization, that some just down the road needed an ambulance, entered my mind.

I asked God to forgive my selfishness, but I didn't feel much better about it. I think everyone gets too wrapped up in themselves from time to time. I know I do. The thing is sitting at an intersection too long, isn't even worthy of being compared to needing an ambulance. Thankfully, God is patient, and even when we know that we haven't done our best or done far from our best, He still loves and forgives. Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment