Saturday, March 13, 2010

What happened to the Sabbath? Part V

Simply put, the Sabbath is a day that you set aside for God. Not to catch up on all of the things you've been meaning to do. One day out of the week, we are supposed to give God our best: not the leftovers of our overly tired life. Nor should we ignore God all together to pursue what ever it is we want, more than we want Him. And even for those of us who are in church every time the doors are open, the Lord's day is more than a Sunday school lesson and a sermon. It is the whole day that belongs to the Lord. And that shouldn't be a grievous thought for us. It is about getting the very best that God has for us.

I am not attempting to be dictatorial, but I will have done you a disservice, if I shy away from what the Bible teaches, in order that everyone can remain happy. The reason I am telling you all of this, is so that you can lay hold of this fact: Nothing can change your life like being in fellowship with God and His purpose for your life. I want you to have the very best in your relationship with God. And I hope that you will enjoy the Sabbath, the way God intended.

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment