Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Truth About Hot Dogs

A couple of blogs back (What the good guys are looking for in a woman. Part VI), I mentioned hot dogs. It has since come to my attention that my remarks may have caused some confusion. Sometimes I have a thought that is perfectly clear to me, and not at all clear to anyone else. So, with all that being said, I give you the truth about hot dogs; or at least my version of the truth.

I have often heard it said, that if you ever saw a hot dog made, you would never eat another. Not that I mean to turn anybody off of hot dogs, but they aren't exactly cutting up rib eyes and t-bones to make them. Hot dogs are the remainder of the remainder of what goes in a cow and comes out steaks, hamburger, liver and the like; not to mention, that they also make them out of pork and chicken. So it should be understandable, that one might say if you had seen them made, you wouldn't want to eat them anymore.

With all of that in mind, I still consider a chili dog to be one of nature's perfect foods. I used to have a boss who would say with frequency, "I don't need to know how the hot dog is made; I just want to enjoy the hot dog." He didn't want to know the ugly details about the process, he just wanted to enjoy the end result of the process. So, back to my confusing blog.

(Note to good guys who may be reading this: If a girl, to whom you have formed an attachment, demonstrates a willingness to spend time around a lesser man, for whatever her reason; my advice to you is to let her marry the lesser man. Trust me, you don’t need to know how the hot dog is made; just enjoy the hot dog.) First, everything between the parentheses is addressed to "good guys." Second, it is a warning about girls, who for whatever reason seek out the attentions of another man or other men. Third, the hot dog, you can devote your time to figuring out why this girl behaves this way, and bit by bit examine all of the ugly details behind this behavior. After wasting months of grief, you come to the conclusion, that based on her behavior and her irrepressible desire to continue in it, she isn't for you. Or, you can take my advice, and walk away and find a girl who won't take all of your affection and give you nothing but grief in return (enjoy the hot dog.) And that folks, is the truth about hot dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment