Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Of all of the hopes and dreams . . .

We all imagine our future, and seldom in a way that we don't get what we want. The life that I imagined I would have, and the life that I live every day are not the same. That is not such a bad thing; lets face it, if we all got what we wanted what kind of people would be? So this is the way my life has turned out so far. No excuses and no apologies for what I thought my life was supposed to be.
I have recently been working in Nashville with my brother, and I can't recall ever seeing so many homeless people. You barely travel a block of downtown without seeing someone who has little more than the clothes on their back. Of all of the hopes and dreams, who would have ever thought that this is how their life would turn out. Paul said, "I know how to be abased . . . and to suffer need." God's apostle who carried the gospel, knew what it was like to go hungry. He understood going without. The one thing that is different now: when I see these homeless people, I see people who aren't that different from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment