Monday, December 14, 2009

The Little Drummer Boy

Christmas is coming, a time we all think about giving. Everyone thinks about what they are going to give to everyone else, but do we really think about what we are going to give God. I remember when I was a kid there were certain Christmas songs that I wasn't all that fond of. The Little Drummer Boy was a song that I didn't like because of the repetitive "pa rum pum pum pum." As I have gotten older, I listen to the lyrics more and more. The lyrics of this song finally got a hold of me. What beautiful words, "I have no gift to bring. . . That's fit to give the King." Sounds very much like us, doesn't it. Then the little boy offers to play his drum, all that he has to offer. The lyrics then say, "I played my drum for Him. . . I played my best for him." The little boy didn't have anything except his drum, and he played his heart out. The little boy with little to offer gave it all that he had. "Then He smiled at me pa rum pum pum pum. . . Me and my drum."

No comments:

Post a Comment