Monday, December 7, 2009

Living by faith

Faith, the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not yet seen. Sometimes we think that it is all on us; if I don't do this or that something tragic will happen. Well, it might or might not. We have to strike a balance between our faith and our works. James said show me your faith without works, and I will show you my faith by my works. To be clear James was not talking about works for salvation: he is talking about a saved person whose works were produced from a heart that was changed by the grace of God. Do we need works? Absolutely, but that is not all that we need; we need faith to be pleasing to God. It is impossible to please God without faith, because anyone who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him. Sometimes we have to get out of the way, so that God can work in our lives. It is easier to get out of the way when we realize that "I" can't do much on my own, but God can do amazing things when we put Him first. Put your trust in God and allow Him to work in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment