Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Working under contract . . . Part VI

Dear ones, it is an absolute necessity that you learn that faith is not a quantifiable proposition. And in saying that, it is imperative that you understand that, I am not representing a life that is lived by faith, as an unrewarding venture. The biggest obstacle to maturity, is only understanding rewards as something that comes in dollars and cents. When you get that firmly fixed in your mind, you can begin to see blessings in terms of things that money can not buy. If you think that I am trying to destroy the idea that: faith is a machine that I put mustard seeds into and get cash out of the other end; you're exactly right!

Why not a faith that allows me to accumulate a big pile of money? I'll tell you why not, imagine you just got a check for any amount you can think of, what would you do with it? Which category did it fall into? I will buy this. I will pay off this debt. I will give it all away. Oh, but I could pick two or all three categories; no, you can't. Do you get what I am trying to tell you? Until you can open your hand, just because you want to please God, you are not going to tap into the true source of blessings: namely, a heart that is open to God.

Do you have a heart that says, "God I want to work for you, and it does not matter what I get?" You see, that is exactly the attitude we find in the workers of the third, sixth, ninth and eleventh hours. The eleventh hour, the vineyard owner goes out finds these men in the market place and said, why are you still here? Answer: we want to work. Loved ones, we have it better than most of the people in the world, we are a wealthy nation, did you ever stop and ask yourself why? Why did God so bless this country, why did God give me so much that I have to pack away half of it in boxes or why did God place me here, instead of somewhere that daily survival is a ever present question mark? Is it any wonder that we have such trouble discerning God's will for our lives when we approach God with a contract that says, "Here's my ten percent, now keep me fat and happy and please don't bother me the troubles of starving and/or persecuted people that I've never met?" How about it, do you want to work?

More coming, dear ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment