Saturday, August 13, 2011

What's in a name?

[This is a little story about how this blog got it's name. It used to be a tab at the top called "About the name." I have decided to make it a blog post, so that I can free that page up to create a resource page. I will be including links to favorite sermons and hopefully some downloadable (if that is a word) resources to help you grow and share your faith. More coming loved ones.]

It turns out in light of what I have been writing, that the name "My thoughts at length" has been a rather unfortunate choice for a blog name. It all started when I decided to post something that I had previously written, in fact the first blog post, on facebook. It was a tribute to my father who passed away in July of 2002, and it was Father's Day 2009. I had only recently started using facebook, so I didn't know all of its limits, which could not accommodate my tribute. So, kids, that's how I started blogging. I had thought about it for a while, but had never done it; (for someone who has made his living using computers, I still have an incredible reluctance to use technology.) I started my blog, because what I had written wouldn't fit in a facebook post, and that is how it got its unfortunate name, "My thoughts at length."

No comments:

Post a Comment