Friday, January 28, 2011

A new direction

Sometimes when I write, I feel very much that what I have to say will be less than profound. It doesn't stop me, but I just feel that way. It is a strange life as a Christian: some of our troubles and trials, we put on display for the edification of others; some we keep to ourselves, for the God who sees in secret and rewards openly; and like Mary, sometimes we see things and store them in our hearts with a sense of wonder. There is so much more in this Christian life, than I ever expected. Abundant life, isn't that what our Lord called it? It is so abundant, I sometimes don't understand how there are just twenty-four hours in the day. I have for years seen people just existing: and what bothers me most, is that for years, I have seen Christians just existing. I am compelled to ask in a similar manner to James; how do you have the hope of glory on the inside, and keep it there?

When we get, that we serve God, as those who are alive from the dead: it will change us. Now, I could explain the theology I have put in the last few sentences, but my hearts desire is that you will test what I have written against the Word of God, and find out what I mean by it.

With all of that said, I must abruptly present to you what is going on in my heart. I need to go to India, because plainly put, there are things happening over there that are not happening here. Many of you may know about my friend Brother Sankya, whom I have written about. In less that twelve years, he has started 17 churches, not missions: churches! Over here, we can't seem to start a church in seventeen years. You can take offense to that last statement if you want to, but there are people whom I love that are dying without Christ; and I need to know the best way to reach them. I am not going to be able to do this on my own; right now, I am asking that you pray with me about this, both in person and as intercessors. Right now, God knows all of the particulars, but I do not. So, there it is, it's out there in front of you, me and most importantly God. God bless you all, and all of you pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment